Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Am I a bad mother???

So I took Broxton to the doctor today and yes he has another ear infection. So I am telling the doctor his symptoms and that this is his 5th ear infection and all that when he says this sounds familar especially with the widmier kids. So I am thinking am I a bad mother who is always at the doctor and pushing to get tubes put in. And then he proceeds to tell me that he would suggest tubes and asks if I have any questions of course I say no because I have been through all this twice already. He says of course you don't this is your 3rd kid. So now I am really thinking I am an aweful mother. Am I the only mother out there who has done this with all her children should I just let him keep getting ear infections and try to treat them with all my essential oils? Am I too tired to be making the right decision??? So now that I have been offended I probably won't be going back to the doctor anytime soon I will just be stocking up on diamatap and motrin. Needless to say we are going in next friday to get tubes put in. I really hope I am doing the right thing.

4 comments:

Korbi said...

Paisley is on her 3rd ear infection and people keep asking me when I am getting her tubes put in... am I a bad mom because I hadn't even thought of it? I was like, "oh, um, I dunno..." Of course you aren't a bad mom, you got weak eared kids... :)

Wendell Shantala said...

No you are a wonderful mom who wants her baby to be healthy. You are doing a great job and maybe the Dr. did not mean what he said to upset you maybe he thought poor widmier kids and those ears. (just trying to be positive.)

Unknown said...

Let's see, hmmm, bad mother. When your child has a skull fracture, we'll talk. JK, I know how you feel. you are not a bad mother. You are doing the best you can and your kids love you!!

Shala said...

No you are not a bad mother! Did you know Daniel had 5 yes 5 sets of tubes!! They said that some kids ESPECIALLY boys faces don't lengthen until later in life. The lenghtening is what causes the eustatcian(sp) tubes to angle down which allows natural drainage! Besides that some dr.s are just cranky! Remember about the Dr who told me I was a bad mom when Daniel kept puking etc when he was 2 and lo and behold it turned out to be ghiarrdia! Hang in there Brit!