Friday, October 3, 2008

First ear infection

On Broxton's 7th month birthday (hahah) he got his first ear infection. Well actually he probably got it before that but I took him to the doctor on the 29th. Anyway he had not been sleeping v ery good at all and I thought I had just been spoiling him too much so a couple of nights I made him just cry it out. Then Monday morning he woke up and wouldn't eat anything and just wanted to be held. He would just look at ya and wimper and then try to fall asleep. I felt so bad so I finally got the doctor to call me back and I got an appointment that night at 7:30. When we got there of course he had no fever but she told me he had infections in both ears. I told her I had made him cry for two nights and she told me that maybe tonight he just needed loved. I felt like the worst mother ever. You would think that after having three kids I would know what I am doing but I guess that is why every kid is different. After one dose of medicine he is back to his happy self and last night he even sleep until 3:00 and then I just told him to go back to sleep and he did until 4:30. I was so glad to get some sleep and I was even more happier knowing that he wasn't hurting anymore.

I would post a picture but our power is out so I am hanging out at grandma's. So maybe later when we have power I will have pictures!!!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

You are not alone, I have done that a couple of times. You think you are teaching them tough love and then it comes back to bite you!