Thursday, January 3, 2008

As many of you know I am on bedrest so I was sitting on the couch like a lazy bum watching Dr. Phil. I was quite excited to be able to watch something besides cartoons!! Anyway Dr. Phil had these teenagers on who were mattress surfing in a hay field and it so reminded me of when I was younger (ya know the good ole days!!) and we use to get snow. Anyway we would go car hooding. Except these boys were in a field with helmets on and we were on the road with no helmets on. Anyway Dr. Phil was saying how dangerous this was and I was so wishing we would have video taped our good ole car hooding days!!

Well my plan was to update my blog while my husband and kids were in Island Park but Collin took my camera with him so I can't post any new pictures. So I guess I will just write about them now and then post the pictures later.
This year for christmas the boys bought their own tree from the Festival of Trees. It has all kinds of trucks and cars on it. They were really excited about it!!! So of course we took good scrapbooking pictures!!!!

The week before christmas I was put down on bedrest so I don't feel I had everything prepared enough for christmas but the boys seemed not to notice. They told me they got everything they wanted so that is good. We did things different this year and I'm not sure I liked it very much. We had Christmas eve at my parents and then had christmas morning at our own house and then went back to my parents for an hour and then went out to Murtaugh to Collin's parents and then finally ended up at my Grandma's house. Collin said next year we have to do things differently so I guess since all my sisters have in law christmases we will too. This will be really hard for me cause I love going everywhere and seeing everyone but I guess that is one thing that Collin and I have our differences.

Collins whole family is here for New Years so they all went to Island park for a few days. I really wanted to go but was not able to so I am missing out on all the great excitement!!! The boys are really good to call and check up on me though!!!! I hope they are having fun and I am looking forward to my monopoly rematch with Keagan, Bae and Sage when they all return!!!!

6 comments:

Korbi said...

so does this mean that you have joined the "in-law" clan of Christmas every other year? You better be posting more now that you are stuck in your bum. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I just realized I didn;t go to your house while I was down. I would have liked to see your tree!

Sarah Stokes said...

Hey Brit, I am so sorry you are on bed rest, I know how terrible and(helpless) you feel. Do you need anything, (dinner) snacks? I am just usually home doing mom stuff you can call me anytime 678-1674 I love your blog by the way,

Jessica said...

Brit, Why are you on bedrest?

Kortni said...

hey, enjoy the bedrest, new babies=no sleep! Right, or my life any age of children means no sleep!! We sure missed Christmas with the cousins, the girls cannot wait until the "tree house". They wanted to know if the boys were prepared with their "gear" too. I think we are going to have a blast! We probably better start thinking agendas, meals etc. Try to enjoy your down time. Love to you all in Burley-Love, the Washington cousins

Korbi said...

hey dork, write a new post or I am never checking your blog again... and that's a threat.