Monday, October 25, 2010

Branson's staples!!



It all started as a typical Monday evening. I was going to the grocery store and all the boys were going to carve pumpkins. Well a mile away from home I get a call from Bridger wondering where I am. So I say I'm almost there what is the matter. Bridger is really upset that everyone is inside because Branson fell and hit his head and nobody is out carving pumpkins. By this time he is crying so I can hardly understand what he is saying but I did hear him say that this is the worst halloween ever. So I ask is Branson ok. No he is bleeding. So I am walking in the door and Collin says you need to take him to the ER. So I look at his head and was like ok here we go. I call an neighbor who is a nurse because Branson is freaking out about going to the hospital. The neighbor is great and says bring him on over. So we get over there and she takes one look and says yep he needs staples. She says that she just did this for another little boy in the neighborhood so she has all the stuff right there at her house. So Branson was really good and got 5 staples put in his head. This is all a new experience for me. I have never held someones hair back so they could get staples in their head. Branson says this is the worst day of his life because he had to get staples in his head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

still a really scare story; each time I hear it I shudder. I don't know if I should come and visit. I am afraid your kids will rub off on mine! I don't want Staples, it will set of the detectors in the airport!

Emily Rae said...

Oh Brit! We miss you guys and miss that cute little Branson head. Tell him the Sellicks send them their love and ALL the Halloween candy he will get will make up for everything...we think he should be Frankenstein for Halloween. He's already got the staples!

Jana said...

Ouch! Glad Bridger has such compassion for his brother - I can't believe Branson would ruin Bridger's Halloween like that! How do you get the staples out of his head. I have a staple remover if you want to borrow it.